Provides all the tools students need to easily move beyond the blank page and toward academic success. The extensive collection of intuitive and visually appealing math tools in Microsoft Student help students overcome common barriers while empowering them to experience the excitement of mathematics. With trusted and familiar resources for research and project guidance, Microsoft Student empowers middle-school through entry-level-college students to create and complete accurate assignments that can lead to better grades and more academic confidence. Microsoft Student with Encarta Premium 2007 even brings the power of a personal math tutor to the PC, providing assistance in one of students' most challenging subjects.
Microsoft Student with Encarta Premium 2007 includes new features and enhancements to help students achieve the following:
End the math struggle
- New! Microsoft Math puts the power of a personal math tutor at students' fingertips with tools and tutorials in one central location to help them tackle challenging problems in math and science.*New! Step-by-Step Equation Solver, a groundbreaking math tool, helps students learn and understand complex mathematical problems. Rather than revealing the answer, the equation solver offers complete step-by-step instruction for most math equations, so students learn how to arrive at a solution.*Enhanced! Online Math Homework Help allows students to look up a specific problem from their textbook for further assistance.*Enhanced! Graphing Calculator helps students visualize and solve difficult math and science problems by enabling them to view, rotate and animate 2-D and 3-D color graphs.
- Enhanced! Learning Essentials for Students transforms Microsoft Office into a student-oriented application with templates, tutorials and toolbars for students' homework assignments.2 Designed with the expertise of leading textbook publishers that include the Great Source division of Houghton Mifflin, Pearson Prentice Hall and SchoolKiT, Learning Essentials for Students helps with a variety of subjects and assignments such as English essays, chemistry lab reports and foreign-language papers.*Enhanced! Foreign Language Help equips students with translation dictionaries, verb conjugations and links to web sites that help with a variety of languages, including French, German and Spanish.
Find the facts
- Enhanced! Trusted content from Microsoft Encarta Premium 2007 offers students up-to-date reference information from a reliable source. The encyclopedia contains an extensive collection of articles, photos and multimedia content along with an easily accessible dictionary, thesaurus and interactive world atlas.*The Web Companion provides trusted links to Microsoft Student material alongside search results from popular search engines when a student conducts research on the Internet.
New! Look and feel. Microsoft Student with Encarta Premium 2007 offers task-based organization that makes it easier for students to quickly and easily find the tools and information they need related to their specific assignment.
New! Microsoft Math includes a collection of tools, tutorials and instructions to help students tackle math and science problems in one central location. Students have the power of a personal math tutor to show them how to quickly and confidently solve difficult math and science equations with the following tools and features:
New! Step-by-step Math Solutions gives students the support they need by providing them with complete step-by-step solutions to many math problems in middle- and high-school pre-algebra, algebra I, algebra II, and trigonometry classes.
Enhanced! Student Graphing Calculator is a groundbreaking complement to the range of calculators required by a large percentage of schools. Designed to help students visualize and solve difficult math and science problems, the full-featured calculator now has the following enhancements:
- Support for calculus includes functions on limits, series, derivates and integrals
- Improved 3-D-graphing capabilities allow students to view, rotate and animate large 2-D and enhanced 3-D color graphs.
New! Equation Library contains more than 125 interactive common math equations and formulas that students can interact with to solve problems and even graph the problem, if appropriate.
Enhanced! Unit Conversion Tool makes it easier for students to quickly convert units of measure such as length, area, volume, weight, temperature, pressure, energy, power, velocity and time.
Enhanced! Online Math Homework Help provides step-by-step guidance and hints for solving specific basic math, algebra, advanced algebra and geometry problems from more than 100 textbooks. 2
Enhanced! Search makes it easy for students to quickly find the information and tools they are looking for, including templates, tutorials and trusted content from Encarta Premium and the Web.
Enhanced! Learning Essentials for Students transforms Microsoft Office applications into student-oriented applications for completing high-quality assignments.3 The templates, tutorials and toolbars help students get started and stay on the task of completing papers, presentations and all types of projects.
Templates with project assistance provide a solid foundation for exceptional assignments and help students organize their work. Examples include templates for homework planning, writing projects, book reports and guidelines for great presentations. There are even templates designed to help improve analytical thinking on physics and chemistry assignments.
Tutorials developed with the expertise of leading education publishers including the Great Source division of Houghton Mifflin, Pearson Prentice Hall and SchoolKiT provide students with step-by-step coaching through the process of producing top-quality work. For example, the Research Writing tutorial walks a student through three types of research reports, and the Understanding Chart Types tutorial explains how to use charts to organize and analyze data.
Toolbars unveil a customized set of student-oriented and project-specific Microsoft Office resources and commands that appear automatically when using a template. For example, students have one-click access to math symbols and foreign language characters.
Enhanced! Microsoft Encarta Premium 2007. Students will always have up-to-date reference information from a credible source with Microsoft Encarta Premium, the No. 1 best-selling multimedia encyclopedia brand.4 Encarta Premium includes more than 66,000 articles edited by a team of experts in science, history, geography and math; an extensive multimedia collection of 26,000 photos and illustrations, 3,000 audio clips, 32 Discovery Channel videos, more than 300 video and animation sequences, 3-D virtual tours and access to radio and weather links; an easily accessible dictionary and thesaurus; and an interactive world atlas.
Enhanced! Foreign Language Help. Microsoft Student contains translation dictionaries from English to French, German, Italian and Spanish, as well as verb conjunctions for French, German and Spanish. New links to Web sites offer Latin and Japanese dictionaries and helpful conversational expressions.
Web Companion. No matter which search engine students use, Web Companion will present a short list of trusted content options when a student conducts a search. Links to trusted Encarta content appear right alongside the search engine results, helping students quickly find all the relevant research results in one comprehensive view.
Book Summaries. In addition to a brief synopsis of each story, Book Summaries include information about how an author's life influenced his or her work, analysis of the themes and characters in the book, and ideas for writing reports or studying for a test. Illuminating facts and insights facilitate the understanding and appreciation of many classic works of literature.
-Microsoft Student with Encarta Premium 2007 requires the following:
-A personal computer with a Pentium 600MHz processor or faster (1GHz or higher recommended)
-Windows XP SP2 or later
-256 MB of RAM (512 MB or more recommended)
-1.5 GB of available hard disk space
-Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (requires between 210 MB and 620 MB of hard disk space, included on disc)
-High Color capable or better video card with a minimum 800x600 resolution (1024x768 recommended)
-Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse® or compatible pointing device
-16-bit sound card and headphones or speakers